Posted by Victor Fiorillo on May 23rd, 2011
Jake’s Sandwich Board — inventors of that disgusting-sounding but surprisingly tasty peanut butter and bacon cheesesteak — officially turns one today, and to celebrate they’re giving away a whole pig.
Co-owner Gary Dorfman reports that he pulled the 57-pound hog (sourced from a South Jersey farm via Hollywood Meats in the Italian Market) from the oven at 9:30 this morning. Starting at noon, Jake’s will offer free pork sandwiches until the pig is gone, which he estimates to be after about 40 or 50 customers. More intrepid diners may also consider being the first to sample Jake’s newest concoction: the Bacon Apple Pie Milkshake, which makes its official debut tomorrow.
- Jake’s Sandwich Board Giving It Away Again
- Free Lunch at Jake’s Sandwich Board
- Best Of Philly: Free Pork Sandwich Tasting Today
- “I Think My Stomach Just Committed Suicide”
- That Sure Does Look A Hell Of A Lot Like A Cupcake Covered In Bacon
- Four Local Restaurants on United States of Bacon Tonight
- Travel Channel’s Food Paradise to Feature Jake’s and Hot Diggity!
- Free Sandwiches Today
- Six Pack: Bacon Bacon Bacon