Posted by Foobooz on June 1st, 2011
Center City Sips kicks off this evening with its Wednesday nights of $2 beers, $3 wines, $4 cocktails and half-priced appetizers. But where is Sips really a deal?
One option for Center City Sips is anywhere outdoors, open air happy hours are inherently happier hours (weather permitting).
- The Corner – We could list The Corner is all our categories as they have a great roof deck, are offering Sly Fox Pikeland Pils and Dales Pale Ale, plus some of John Taus’ best snacks.
- Independence Al Fresco – Drink outside as you overlook Independence Hall.
- Marathon (1818 Market) – Ample room to chill and people watch.
- Raw – We always feel like we’ve struck upon something special when we enter Raw’s courtyard.
- Sampan – Sake infused cocktails and half-priced banh mi sandwiches make the Graffiti Bar a good spot to post up for Sips.
- Table 31 – Soak up the sun at the Plaza Cafe in front of the Comcast Center.
Going in search of something more than light beer and syrupy cocktails? It seems like it gets harder every year but there are still some special specials.
- Alfa – We’re big Carlos Ruiz fans here at Foobooz World Headquarters, so we have a a soft spot for the Chooooooch! cocktail.
- Coffee Bar – $2 Brooklyn Lagers and Flying Fish Exit 4. That’s not skimping!
- M Restaurant at The Morris House Hotel – Try a Morris Mule, ginger beer infused vodka cocktail.
- Noble American Cookery – Solid beer and cocktail offerings are in the mix.
- Opa – Sansom Street’s Greek restaurant is including a couple of Greek wines among their drink selections.
- Tweed – The 12th Street restaurant is offering Aviations as part of its Sips program.
One benefit of Sips going from $1 bites to half-priced apps is the food has gotten better over the past couple years.
- Chifa – It’s tough to beat pork buns and Vietnamese spring rolls from Jose Garces.
- Bistro St. Tropez – Salmon tartare and Moroccan sampler plates are not your typical Sips fare. Stay after for 15% off dinner.
- Caribou Cafe – Steak and Roquefort sliders are a solid snack from the Walnut Street cafe. Point and laugh at the Irish Pub denizens across the way who are eating pierogies.
- Ladder 15 – David Ansill is whipping up his Korean tacos for the Sips legions.
Center City Sips [Official Site]