Posted by Foobooz on June 14th, 2011
Sly Fox Brewery is making a major expansion. The Phoenixville based brewery is selling its Royersford restaurant location and will begin brewing at a new 30,000 square foot facility in Pottstown.
The new brewery facility will provide Sly Fox with the ability to brew 150 hectoliters a day, triple their current brewing capacity. A new canning line will increase the brewery’s canning capacity from 28 cans per minute to a speedy one per second.
The equipment is expected to arrive by November with the first batches being brewed before the year is out. If a zoning variance is received the brewery will have a tasting room/pub.
Sly Fox will continue to operate the Phoenixville brew pub. The Royersford location has been sold to long time Sly Fox employee and current general manager, Stacey Hebert.
We can only hope that this means our personal crusade of getting Sly Fox Helles in cans will be closer to reality.
News and Happenings at Sly Fox [Official Site]
- Troegs Moving to Hershey
- Forest & Main Brew Pub in Ambler
- Victory Brewing Is Expanding
- Appalachia Comes East
- Suburban Snacks: South Jersey Gets a Krispy Kreme
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival Is This Saturday
- Ardmore’s Tired Hands Brewery Is Very Close, Beer Available Now
- Drafting Room Best Of 2006
- Devil’s Den Crew To Open Barren Hill