Posted by Foobooz on June 29th, 2011
Brian Freedman is the latest to heap praise on Josh Lawler’s The Farm and Fisherman. The beet steak is singled out again as the defining example of Lawler’s skill but it isn’t the only vegetable on the menu that has beefy ambition.
Tempura-fried soft shell crab anchors one end of an unexpected and whimsical riff on surf and turf: Its counterpart, a deep wheatgrass-toned creamed escarole is like a shot of chlorophyll, as perfectly evocative of the land as the crab was of the sea. No need for any four-legged creature here.
The (Money) Farm and Fisherman [Philadelphia Weekly]
The Farm and Fisherman [Official Site]
Farm and Fisherman
1120 Pine St, Philadelphia, PA
- Taming the Gourmand at The Farm and Fisherman
- Philly’s Next Great BYOB
- Gutsy Debut for The Farm and Fisherman
- Tale of the Tape: The Farm and Fisherman
- Crab Tasting Menu This Week at Matyson, Brunch Starts Sunday
- The Farm & Fisherman’s Josh Lawler To Open a Second Restaurant
- Pig & Beer at The Farm and Fisherman
- How Many Stars for The Farm and Fisherman?
- Nom Nom Lives Up to Its Moniker