Posted by Foobooz on July 14th, 2011
Yards Brewing which has made its mark by brewing up ales is throwing everyone a curve ball by producing a special lager for Philadelphia Folk Festival’s 50th Anniversary.
Yards Folk Fest Lager, a Märzen-style fest beer is light in color with a noble hop aroma. The beer was brewed on Yards’ pilot system, using German malts and Hallertau and Tettnang hops. Only six barrels were produced of this 6% ABV lager.
The lager as well as the rest of the Yards lineup will be available at the Folk Festival beer garden. The festival runs from August 18th to 22nd.
Yards vice-president Steve Mashington says a couple barrels may show up at special events at the brewery. “We’ve been hosting concerts with the Folksong Society for a while at the brewery. So there may be a pre-Festival tasting or an encore for Folk Fest Lager at Yards. Time will tell.”
We’ll keep our eyes pealed.
- Yards Ain’t No Microbrewery
- Troegs Is the Local Star at 2012 Great American Beer Festival
- Yards 4th Annual Smoke ‘Em If Yous Got ‘Em
- Yards Real Ale Invitational
- Free Brew Fest Tonight in Brewerytown
- 2013 Promises Two Beer Blasts from the Past
- The Dude Hates Cancer and So Does Yards
- Behind The Label Of Private Label Beers