Posted by Foobooz on July 21st, 2011
Last week we told you that Steve Cook and Michael Solomonov had sold Xochitl to a couple of friends, Peter Leontaras and Demetri Pappas. The new team is now in charge and you can expect some promising changes in weeks to come.
A new bar menu is being crafted that will aim to be drinking friendly. Recently they’ve tested out:
- tacos al suadero, braised flank steak, served with spicy salsas
- four-chile spicy fried calamari
- pork belly gorditas
- Torta sliders are also planned
The regular menu will also see some updates inspired by research into street food from Mexico City, Puebla, and beyond.
Also in the works is outdoor seating overlooking Headhouse Square and themed dinners showcasing the different regions of Mexico.
On the drink side Sergio Ruiz is still muscling out margaritas and will be bringing back last summer’s Sandia, a watermelon and tarragon margarita, elevated with a spritz of Pernod. Downstairs the lounge is getting a total overhaul with banquettes and brighter paint-job to make it more “bar-crowd friendly.”
Xochitl [Official Site]
408 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA
- Xochitl Adds Sunday Brunch
- Xochitl Offers Special Halloween Menu
- Tequila And Dishes Shine At Xochitl
- Bootsie’s Back, Xochitl Just About There
- Changes Coming to Xochitl
- Headhouse Farmers’ Market Starts This Sunday
- Prix Fixe At Xochitl
- Headhouse Square Farmers’ Market Kicks Off the Season This Sunday
- More Fresh And Local Events