Posted by Jason Sheehan on July 26th, 2011
The Cooking Channel (nerdy and food-obsessed little sister to the Food Network, both of which are owned by Scripps Networks Interactive) has survived a year in the highly competitive world of basic cable instructional/educational food-specific programming and is celebrating by outfitting a food truck (how else?) and sending it around the country to give away free ice cream and frozen treats to the masses–most of whom have probably never heard of the Cooking Channel.
Still, free ice cream is free ice cream, right? And tomorrow, the Cooking Channel’s Frozen Treat Truck is going to be here in Philly (along with Ben Sargent of Hook, Line & Dinner), offering up servings of Bassett’s Ice Cream to all and sundry. The details:
What: Ice cream
Where: Reading Terminal Market
When: Tomorrow, July 27, Noon-5pm
Cooking Channel on Twitter [@cookingchannel]
Bassett’s Ice Cream [official website]
- Soup Nazi Truck In Philadelphia Today
- 30th Street Station: Not Just For Bums and Trains Anymore
- Free Stuff Alert! VIP Tickets To Brauhaus Schmitz’s Maifest
- Free Breakfast Tomorrow (If You’re Willing To Make The Drive)
- Free Water Ice!
- Free Little Baby’s Ice Cream and a Creepy Kickstarter Video
- Who Doesn’t Love Free Cookies?
- Free Cheesesteak Spring Rolls At Davio’s
- Free Concerts for MilkBoy’s One Year Anniversary