Posted by Jason Sheehan on August 5th, 2011
Yes, we’ve been waiting a long time for the opening of Cook (the cooking school/demo space/collaborative show kitchen/mad scientist’s laboratory being opened by Audrey Claire Taichman at the corner of 20th and Rittenhouse). We’ve talked about it and speculated about it because we think it has a chance at being one of the coolest things to come to Philly in a long time–a kind of ground-level version of Barbara Lynch’s Stir in Boston (something we’d say even if our corporate masters weren’t involved in the promotion of it).
But now, there’s finally some news. An opening date has been chosen. The first dozen or so classes and chefs have been scheduled. And come Wednesday of next week, the list will go live and tickets will officially go on sale.
One of the benefits of Philadelphia magazine’s involvement with Cook? We here at Foobooz HQ will know the full schedule and all the ticketing information as soon as the Cook crew does. Which means we’ll be able to hip you to the best classes and the coolest chefs the minute they are booked.
So stay tuned…
Cook [Official website]
Cook blog [Official blog]
- Sneak Preview: Cook Goes Live
- Get Ready for Cook, Coming to Rittenhouse in June
- Cook’s April Schedule: A Sneak Preview
- Sneak Preview: May At Cook
- Sneak Preview: January Schedule at Cook
- Act Fast: 4 Last-Minute Tickets To Tonight’s Fairmount Pop-Up At Cook
- Sneak Preview: Cook’s March Schedule
- March of Dimes Signature Chefs Gala
- Free Stuff: Ticket Giveaway for Open Stove Night at COOK