Posted by Foobooz on August 5th, 2011
Spread Bagelry reopened today, three months to the day that a fire closed the three-day old bagel shop. But today they are back making Montreal-style bagels and with more air conditioning, lower prices and a better chimney.
An individual bagel still costs $2 but just about everything else in the store has dropped a couple of dollars. Today we tried The Classic (pictured above) with salmon, Amish Farm cream cheeese, giant wedge of plum tomato, and spring onion. The $9 sandwich would have been $11 on the original menu.
Photos from the May 3rd and today.
One other thing that we were reminded of as we waited for our sandwich was just how good looking a space Spread Bagelry is.
Saturday and Sunday brunch starts this weekend. Bring your own vodka and pair it with their spicy Bloody Mary mix.
New Menu (JPG)
262 S 20th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Tale of the Tape: Spread Bagelry
- Who Said It Was A Good Morning? Spread Bagelry On Fire.
- Lunch At Seafood Unlimited
- 3 Bells for A.kitchen
- Hanukkah Happenings Around Town
- This Time They’ve Gone Too Far: A Brunch Menu For Dogs
- Last Day to Get a Shake Shack Corn Dog
- A.Kitchen Now Open for Breakfast
- First Bite: Luke’s Lobster