Posted by Foobooz on August 11th, 2011
Adam Erace goes through all the sides (well almost all of them) at Rotisseur but it is the bird that is at center stage.
At Rotisseur, the bird’s the word. Matzkin taste-tested specimens from 15 providers before settling on the one that would grace his French-engineered Rotisol rotisserie (“the preferred choice of Parisian bistros”). The best bird hailed from Senat Poultry, a halal operation so clear-conscious they’ve put pictures of their Paterson, N.J., slaughterhouse on their website and invite y’all to come down for a visit now, ya hear! A co-op of Amish farmers raises Senat’s chickens without hormones and antibiotics in Lancaster, where the free-roaming roasters develop the all-important “fatty skin” that turns to sheets of crackly gold leaf in the blazing rotisserie oven.
100 S 21st St, Philadelphia, PA
- First Bite: Rotisserie Chicken at Rotisseur
- Rotisseur Has a New Chef and Mighty Fine Chicken Noodle Soup
- Rotisseur Adds Lunch
- Pork Belly Banh Mi Tasting Happening at Rotisseur
- Six Pack of Farmers’ Markets
- The Bird is the Word at Wah-Gi-Wah
- Now We Want to Check Out Roost
- Rotisseur, Making The Best Of A Bad Situation
- Morning to Night, Things to Bite at a.kitchen