Posted by Jason Sheehan on August 19th, 2011
Yesterday, USA Today came out with its list of “10 Great Places To Eat Food From A Truck“. Most of the usual suspects were there: The Grilled Cheese Truck in L.A., Maximus Minimus in Seattle, and New York’s Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. But there were some odd ones, too. Like DC Slices in our nation’s capital (which even the write-up admitted wasn’t “wacky or outrageous” but “just good fresh pizza”). Or, much more close to home, La Dominique Creperie.
La Dominique parks it at 33rd and Market and, according to the USA Today, it’s run by a former sculptor and does a killer bananna/strawberry/Nutella version.
Personally, I’ve never been to La Dominique, but I’m guessing that some of you have. So two questions: One, does the place deserve the title of Philly’s best? And two, if it does, what is it about the place that makes it so special?
- “The Truck Food Cookbook” Author Comes to Philly
- Vago Delivers Food Truck Fare to Penn’s Door
- All Aboard the Marrakesh Express, Next Stop Locust Street
- It’s Like Crack, and That’s a Good Thing
- Welcome Back to University City
- Lunch at Love
- Today’s Food Trucks at The Porch
- Food Trucks Making Wednesday and Friday Stops at the Porch
- The Porch at 30th Street Station Announces April Programming