Posted by Foobooz on August 24th, 2011
Brian Freedman finds that sometimes fried onions are just what you need and sometimes one story above the bustle of Old City at Revolution House is the place to enjoy them.
The focus here seems to be on the approachability of the food. It’s a more-than-pleasant breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night spot that the neighborhood needs.
How else to explain the presence of “funions” on this menu? As expected, of course, the charm of this deep-fried frizzle is irresistible. This is one of the great truths of the world, an 11th Commandment of sorts: Thou shalt be won over by deep-fried onion, be it Awesome Blossom or French’s French Fried Onions in that old cardboard jar. The funions here arrive like a pile of tangled dreadlocks, the Sriracha aioli cutting the oil and sweetness just enough.
Revolution House Proves Old City Can be for Grown-ups, Too [Philadelphia Weekly]
200 Market St, Philadelphia, PA
- Tonight: Allagash Drink for Research at Revolution House
- Rolling in Dough at Dim Sum Garden
- Vegetable Magic at The Farm and Fisherman
- Ulivo Does the Italian BYOB Right
- Digging on Swine at the Industry
- Brick American Eatery Lands Like a Brick
- The Corner Reviewed
- You Owe Yourself a Trip to Cafe Soho