Posted by Foobooz on August 29th, 2011
Even as many businesses are thanking their lucky stars that Hurricane Irene spared them the Manayunk Brewery and Restaurnat and Mad River aren’t as lucky. Main Street at Shurs Lane is a traditional flooding point in Manayunk and Irene did a number on businesses down side of Main Street.
Manayunk Brewery and Restaurant was filling sandbags on Friday but by Sunday afternoon the battle seemed to be a losing one. Even with two pumps going water was making its way into the dining room.
River levels won’t reach 1999 Hurricane Floyd’s levels which are marked on the wall at the brewery, but they will make for a soggy cleanup.
Manayunk Dealing with Major Flooding [KYW 1060]
- Area Restaurants Still Drying Out
- Prime Rib Special
- Quick Bites: Barcade Plays a Game, Crisp Hopes, Sabrina’s Opens
- Thursdays In Manayunk
- Bullet Dodged
- Manayunk Brewery Host Its 15th Annual Beer Tasting Extravaganza
- UPDATED: And Now, Some (Potential) Good News For Manayunk’s Main Street
- Manayunk Brews Up American Sardine Ale
- Quick Bites