Posted by Foobooz on September 15th, 2011
One of the highlights of Feastival last night was getting our first taste of Federal Donuts. The team of Michael Solomonov, Steve Cook and Felicia D’Ambrosio were offering hot samples belched out by their donut robot. The doughnut offered up last night was the tossed in sugar, cocoa and Apollonia spice blend made by Lior Lev Sercarz of Boite d’Epices. Lev Sercarz also creates special spice blends for Solomonov’s Zahav.
Our first taste of the doughnut was both familiar and unusual. The cocoa and sugar made it recognizable and comforting, the Middle Eastern spices created a unique and tingly taste that will be sought out by foodies from far and wide.
Federal Donuts is still under construction on 2nd Street near Federal.
Federal Donuts [Official Site]
1219 S. Second St., Philadelphia, PA 19147
- A Brilliant Simplicity
- Federal Donuts Is Open
- Federal Donuts to Open This Summer
- Federal Donuts in the New York Times
- Hipsterish Fried Chicken
- Federal Donuts and Art In The Age: Super Friends of the Donut World
- More Federal Donuts (and Chicken) Details
- First Bite: The Chicken at Federal Donuts on Sansom Street
- New Federal Donuts Coming to Sansom Street