Posted by Jason Sheehan on September 16th, 2011
Anyone who doesn’t believe that Philly knows a thing or two about mixing up a proper drink should have to choose between the 60-odd entries we had for our Philly’s Signature Cocktail Contest. Honest to Jesus, my first list of semi-finalists was 19 drinks long–almost a third of the total entries.
But still, we had to get it down to 5 and we did. So these, ladies and gentlemen, are your finalists: the drinks in contention for being Philadelphia’s next official cocktail.
- Philadelphia from Colin
- Last Call in Rittenhouse from Josh Phillips
- Dirty Salty Liberty from Darla
- City Hall Cocktail from George
- Philly Flyer from Rick
Come September 20, we’re going to be picking the ultimate winner at a sold-out party at Cook as the creators of these drinks square off against each other and one classic Philly-based cocktail which also made the list (the Clover Club). And the ultimate winner will be revealed in Philadelphia magazine’s November drinking issue.
- Philadelphia’s Signature Cocktail: The Aftermath
- UPDATE: Foobooz Pop-Up at Cook is SOLD OUT
- A Foobooz Pop-Up That’ll Be One For The History Books
- Want to Make the Philly Flyer?
- Philly’s 20 Best Drinks
- Sneak Preview: June At Cook
- About Last Night: Open Stove 10 At COOK
- About Last Night: USA vs. Canada At Open Stove IX
- About Last Night: Oh, Bartender…