Posted by Foobooz on September 19th, 2011
It was too loud, the flavors muted, the margaritas unbalanced and the prices too steep. Craig LaBan is not impressed with Wayne’s Mexican spot, Xilantro.
But given these prices – high $20s into the low $30s – the flavors on the plate were a resounding disappointment. The tortilla soup, usually richer elsewhere with layers of dried-chile zing and earthy tortilla, was bland, bland, bland. The guacamole was mashed tableside to order, but was oddly pasty and lacking zip, requiring additional salt and lime simply to give it life. The chips, for goodness sake, weren’t even very crunchy.
One Bell – Hit-or-Miss
- Craig LaBan Reviews Paramour in Wayne
- Suburban Snacks: Food Pics from Xilantro
- Suburban Snacks: Patio Construction in Downingtown, Milepost Pub at Whole Foods, New in Ambler, Wayne and Willow Grove
- No Bells for Ardmore’s The Saint James – Is Location to Blame?
- Playing It Safe on Passyuunk
- Impressive Saturday in Store for Teresa’s Next Door
- LaBan Reviews Las Bugambilias
- Best Parts of Raw Are Not Raw
- Good News, Bad News for Stollenwerk