Posted by Foobooz on September 20th, 2011
Blue Bear Tavern finally opened its doors last Friday. The former Doc Watson’s is in soft opening mode with an introductory menu. The team which includes Xavier Mariezcurrena (Union Trust), Tony Aiazzi and Executive Chef Billy Bilbo are going to be soliciting feedback from the neighborhood in preparation of a full menu and grand opening on October 14th.
Chef Gilbo who was slated to be the opening chef at American Oak before that project died on the vine, is preparing a menu of American classics at Blue Bear.
Blue Bear Tavern
216 S 11th St
216 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Little Birdy Spots “Good Beer” Delivery to Former Blue Bear Tavern
- Bistro 7 Chef Opening In Wash West
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- Maida & Hartranft Taking Over The Butcher & The Brewer Space
- Photo Tour of Strangelove’s
- Strangelove’s Gets an Opening Date
- Strangelove’s Beer Bar Names Chef
- Breaking: Union Trust Files For Bankruptcy