Posted by Foobooz on October 11th, 2011
Pure Fare rolls out its truck today. Look for the healthy food on wheels at 40th and Locust.[Twitter]
Stateside has named original Barbuzzo chef de cuisine George Sabatino as its executive chef. The Passyunk Avenue bar/restaurant won’t commit to an opening date more precise than Fall. See what Sabatino is preparing for the Stateside menu via his blog. We vote yes to duck sausage and braised beef cheeks. [George Sabatino]
If you’re Kristian Leuzzi, how do you signal the redo of your former restaurant at 11th and Federal will be more casual than its predecessor? Well you shorten Kristian’s to just Kris. The Stogey Joe’s owner is coming back to his original location later this year. [The Insider]
Starr vet Gabriel Montalvo is the new head chef at Xochitl. Also changing at Xochitl, the downstairs lounge is being brightened and converted into an additional dining room. [The Insider]
- Kris Gets Into The Cured Meat Game
- Jersey Tomato Dinner at Kris
- Stateside’s George Sabatino Heading Out on His Own
- Kris Restaurant Has Closed, Paper Up in the Windows at Village Belle
- Stateside Names Its New Chef
- Eat This Now: Stateside’s Bacon Dougnut
- The Gastronaut: The Next Exit
- Tonight: Have You Been to Stateside?
- A Best Of Philly Tasting Menu At Matyson?