Posted by Foobooz on October 17th, 2011
Pub & Kitchen Chef Jonathan Adams and friend Damien Pileggi are getting into the coffee business. Rival Bros. Coffee is a small-batch, custom coffee roaster which will sell whole beans online and beginning later this month, will offer made-to-order coffee and espresso from a custom-outfitted truck that will make its home weekdays at Love Park.
The truck will feature built-in pour-over stations, a La Marzocco two-group espresso machine with pre-infusion paddles, a Fetco extractor brewer and Italian-made Mazzer espresso coffee grinders.
Pileggi, who will man the truck along with Adams, developed his coffee expertise while working for La Colombe, including three years in San Francisco as their West Coast brand ambassador.
Rival Bros. Coffee will offer four standard blends:
- Whistle & Cuss, their espresso blend has the perfect amount of sharpness, a syrupy body, clean nutty aroma, caramel flavors and a soft berry finish ($12.50)
- Revolver, their drip coffee, a Latin American-based blend with Indonesian and African beans for chocolate and spice notes. It was blended and roasted to add depth and smoothness to a traditional Mocha-Java ($11.75)
- Featherweight, their lightest roast, ideal for single-cup brewing is bright, crisp, earthy and herbaceous with lingering orange notes ($11.75)
- Palooka, their decaf coffee, a bold balance with a toffee and thyme finish ($13.25)
Adams will not be quitting his day job as chef at Pub & Kitchen.
16th and JFK, Philadelphia, PA
- Jonathan Adams Leaving Pub & Kitchen
- Cowboy Up: Rival Bros and Side Project Jerky Team Up
- Cafe at Wyebrook Farm Opening Next Friday
- Rival Bros. and Side Project Jerky are Collaborating
- Jonathan Adams Cooking at Wyebrook Farms
- An Infographic Based Guide to Philadelphia Coffee Roasters
- New York’s Joe Coffee Set to Add to Philadelphia’s Coffee Scene
- PHAIR, Philadelphia’s Open Air Market Opens Tomorrow
- The Windsor Dies on Thursday!