Posted by Foobooz on October 17th, 2011
Much to the shock of the Under the Button blog, Philly Diner has closed its doors at 39th and Walnut. The formerly late-night diner (it ceased being 24-hours a day after a 2009 shooting) has closed after its lease was not renewed.
University of Pennsylvania students are quoted as being “devastated” over the closing in a Daily Pennsylvanian article, though one commenter refers to the diner as a “cesspool.”
UPDATE: Under the Button follows up that the diner’s contents will be available via an online auction.
Philly Diner Closes After 10 Years at Penn [Daily Pennsylvanian]
Photo via Under the Button
- Saigon Cuisine Temporarily Closed
- College Pizza Moves Into Strikes
- University of Pennsylvania Food by the Numbers
- If the End of the World is Coming, At Least We’ll be Well Fed
- Vago Delivers Food Truck Fare to Penn’s Door
- Beck’s Cajun Cafe Second Location Opens with Expanded Menu
- Garces’ University City Spot To Be Chic And Big
- Is Shake Shack Opening In University City?
- Retroraunt: An Early Food Truck