Posted by Jason Sheehan on October 26th, 2011
Philadelphia magazine has released its Bars issue and listed the 85 best bars in the city and suburbs broken down by type.
For us here at Philly Mag, writing about drinking is a little bit like writing about art: We might not know precisely what art is, but we sure as hell know what we like. What’s more, we know what you like. And what you like is, well… everything. You like swank lounges and honest dives. You like the soft anonymity of hotel bars, the comfort of a street-corner neighborhood joint, and the raucous community of a sports bar on game day. You like gay bars and wine bars, gin mills, Irish pubs, British pubs, gastropubs and everything in between. And in this package, we cover them all.
Philadelphia’s Best Bars [Philadelphia magazine]
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars for 2011
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars for 2012
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars
- Tonight: Visit the Library
- What Makes a Good Sports Bar?
- Field House Reopening This Weekend with Andrew Brown in the Kitchen
- Philly Live Now XFINITY Live!, Will Contain Victory Beer Hall
- Great Philly Dives, Courtesy of Dive Expert Brian McManus
- The Foobooz 2010 Top 50 Bars of Philadelphia