Posted by Foobooz on November 3rd, 2011
For the third straight year we’ve polled a panel of writers, bloggers, Twitterers and others who play a part in Philadelphia’s bar scene for the Foobooz Top 50 Bars in Philadelphia list. As curators, we like this list. It has a bar for every occasion and spans the spectrum from cocktail lounge to dive an back again.
New this year we offer a Foobooz tip for each bar on the list. Hopefully these make your visits even better. Check out the list and tell us what you think.
Foobooz Top 50 Bars [f8b8z]
- 13 first-time bars make the list.
- The slideshow contains two photos from restrooms.
- In each of the three (four if you count the Philadelphia Weekly version) there has been a different number one bar.
- 5 Dive Bars make the list
- Cocktails are a big deal at 10 bars on the list.
- The Fergus Carey, Tom Peters contingent had three bars on the list, as did the Khyber, Cantina, Royal crew.
- Three bars make the list from the Pennsylvania suburbs.
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars for 2012
- Top 50 Bars in Philadelphia Methodology
- 85 Awesome Places to Drink
- Philadelphia’s Top 50 Bars by the Numbers
- Top Bars by the Numbers
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars
- Best Restaurants and Top Bars Added to Foursquare
- Johnny Goodtimes Turns Top 50 Bars Into a Trivia Game
- PW’s Top 50 Bars