Posted by Foobooz on November 14th, 2011
Craig LaBan enjoyed his dinner if not the din at Collingswood’s Zeppoli.
A baked orata with crispy potatoes gilded by slow-cooked artichokes and caper berries, and oil-cured, was the juiciest whole fish I’ve eaten this year. Goat stewed in milk to sublime tenderness is finished to a crisp in the oven with a crust of herbed lardo. Addictive little twists of Sicilian fusilli come tossed in a vivid green pesto “Trapanese” made from pistachios, almonds, and basil so fragrant it seduces your senses before you even take a bite. And then I took many.
618 Collings Avenue, Collingswood, NJ
- Zeppoli Makes It Look Easy
- Authentic 1940s New York Pizza in Today’s South Philadelphia
- Zeppoli’s Joey Baldino at Alla Spina for Beer Week Industry Night
- Two Bells for Monsu
- Three Bells for Jersey Shore BYOB
- La Rosa Pizza Is Legit
- Suburban Snacks: Bobby Flay in Cherry Hill, Zeppoli Opens Tonight
- Adam Erace Reviews 943
- PW Reviews Osteria