Posted by Jason Sheehan on December 1st, 2011
Dig it: We’re giving away free cookies. Why? Because we love you. And we love cookies. And in this month’s issue of Philadelphia magazine, Christy Speer went out and talked to some of the best pastry chefs in the city (from 10 Arts, Parc, Le Bec-Fin and elsewhere) and gathered from them their most favorite-est holiday cookie recipes, all in anticipation of a winner-take-all cookie contest which will be taking place on December 9, from noon ’til 2pm (or until the cookies run out), at the rotunda at the Shops at Liberty Place. The chefs are all bringing their cookies with them. All you need to bring is your appetite.
Oh, and maybe you want to drop a couple bucks on some coffee at Saxby’s while you’re plowing your way through the free treats, because the pastry chef with the best cookies (as decided by you), will be getting all the proceeds collected from coffee sales between noon and 2pm to donate to their favorite charity.
Holiday Cookies: The Recipes [Philadelphia magazine]
- Holiday Cookie Bake-Off Winner
- Live Tweeting The Great Cookie Bake-Off #GreatCookies
- Insomnia Cookies Opens Today in Center City
- Free Cookies!
- Food Trucks Keep Coming, From Cookies to Kosher
- Six Pack: Some of Our Favorite Cookies in Philadelphia
- Cookie Confidential Opening a Truck on Temple’s Campus Today
- Insomnia Cookies Comes to Center City Philadelphia
- Whipped Bakeshop Is Bacon to Our Eggs
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 1st, 2011 at 4:07 pm and is filed under Events, Food. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.