Posted by Foobooz on December 8th, 2011
Tuesday we received word that the Marathon at 10th and Walnut was changing hands and Matt Levin would be the chef at the new restaurant. Today we were forwarded this email stating the Marathon on the 1300 block of Chestnut was also closing.
From Marathon Restaurants on behalf of the Marathon family.
Due to increasing rental expenses, Marathon has elected to close its Broad and Chestnut Street location. Marathon has been operating restaurants in this City since 1984 and will continue its commitment to focus on its primary passion of serving locally sourced, quality food at affordable prices to Philadelphians at its other Center City restaurants located at 16th and Sansom Streets, 19th and Spruce Streets, 1818 Market Street and 10th & Walnut.
This will mark the third Marathon to close this year as the University City location was shuttered earlier this year. High rent was also blamed.
Marathon [Official Site]
Marathon Chestnut Street
13th and Chestnut Sts, Philadelphia, PA
- Will Marathon Go the Distance?
- Matt Levin Has a New Restaurant?
- Photos Of What’s Opening Soon III
- Scoop de Ville Is Leaving Chestnut Street, What’s Next?
- Restaurant Death Watch: Which Marathon Will Be Next To Go?
- Running A Marathon
- Center City Sips Is Back
- Krispy Kreme Shuttering Center City Location
- Now Closed: Naked Chocolate Cafe