Posted by Jason Sheehan on December 9th, 2011
Back in September, we talked about the Fairmount opening of La Calaca Feliz–the second outpost from Garces alums Tim Spinner and Brian Sirhal, who already own Cantina Feliz out in Fort Washington. Now, with Cantina coming up on its first anniversary, it looks like the guys are going to be celebrating by moving into the city and opening La Calaca in the old Illuminaire space at 2321 Fairmount Avenue.
Right now, the doors are scheduled to open mid-January with former Xochitl chef Lucio Palazzo in the kitchen as chef de cuisine, cooking Spinner’s “edgy, urban” Mexican cuisine in a Dia De Los Muertos-themed space.
La Calaca Feliz [Facebook]
- Tasting Menus at Cantina & La Calaca Feliz
- Watermelon Gazpacho at La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz
- La Calaca Feliz Sues Ambler’s Taco Feliz for Trademark Infringement
- La Calaca Feliz Takes Over Illuminaire Space in Fairmount
- Dia De Los Muertos Menus Popping Up Around Town
- La Calaca Feliz Is Working for Fairmount
- Passover Menus Around Philadelphia
- Celebrate National Margarita Day at Distrito in University City (And Elsewhere)
- Quick Bites: Yogorino Opening & Asian Expansion