Posted by Foobooz on December 20th, 2011
The Italian Christmas Eve tradition of the feast of the Seven Fishes has gained some serious traction at Philadelphia restaurants. Here are some spots offering the feast on Christmas Eve or in the run up to the big night.
Amis – December 23rd, $65 for four course meal featuring the featuring seven fish.
Davio’s- Served December 24th – $75 for the feast, includes Lobster Bisque with Short Ribs, Linguine Pescatore with Clams and more.
Le Virtu – Starting at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Le Virtu will offer a $65 menu of Adriatic fish dishes with mountain specialties appropriate to this time of year.
Matyson – Through the 22nd, Matyson’s weekly tasting menu will take a seven fishes theme with a twist. Matyson is offering Seven Fishes Pacific Rim Style for $45.
Panorama -Booked between now and Christmas? Panorama is offering its $45, four-course, seven fish menu through December 30th. For $25 add the sommelier’s Mediterranean wine pairing.
Route 6 - Chef Anthony DiRienzo is cooking up an eight-course feast on Christmas Eve night featuring Lobster Boudain and being capped off by a House-Made Egg Nog Ice Cream Sandwich.
Village Belle - On Christmas Eve for $45 per person the Queen Village restaurant will offer a dinner or Escarole soup; Baccala with spicy tomato sauce, potato and olives and Patricia’s Seafood Cioppino, seven fishes and spaghetti.
- Seven Fishes Feasts Are Becoming All the Rage
- Zahav Announces an Extremely Jewish Christmas
- Some Christmas Eve Dinner Suggestions
- Seven Options for Seven Fishes
- Three Weeks of Christmas Dinner at Pub & Kitchen
- Twelve Beers of Christmas at The Cambridge
- Grace Tavern Open For Christmas Eve
- New Chef’s Counter Menus at Sbraga
- Hanukkah Happenings Around Town