Posted by Foobooz on December 27th, 2011
- Trey Popp asks if we’re being talked down to at restaurants.
- Sometimes chasing down a restaurant scoop is just ridiculous.
- Northern Liberties’ Jerry’s Bar’s closing struck a nerve.
- Foobooz infatuation, Rick Nichols pens his final weekly column for the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- On one night in February, 2011 Philadelphia had a pop-up izakaya. We still await a permanent ramen spot.
- We still shake our head when we think about the episode where the muppets judged Top Chef.
- We took advantage of a beautiful February day to live-blog Tyson Bees.
- In February we learned about Chappy’s Beers Butts and Bets for the first time.
- We come to the defense of Old City. No need to hate.
- Victor Fiorillo investigates, can you get Barclay Prime quality steaks in a Jewish deli?
- Craig LaBan lowered LaBoom on Liberté.
- Just a month after opening a small fire at Dandelion gave Stephen Starr a scare.
Dish of the Month
Bacon Grease Popcorn – Khyber Pass Pub
The little brown bag arrived at our table at the Khyber Pass Pub mottled with grease spots already soaking through. Oh, so inviting. Spice-dusted popcorn spilled out, and the billowy white puffs glistened with rendered Benton’s bacon fat, a smokehouse glow so incandescent, so dangerously magnetic, that even the early resisters at our table – the ones who first crowed ‘ewww!’; – could be seen reaching guiltily back, back, back into the pile for more.” – Craig LaBan, Philadelphia Inquirer
Quote of the Month
”They will not serve French food. The plates will not be made out of paper.” - Victor Fiorillo
Related Tags: 2011 In Review