Posted by Foobooz on January 6th, 2012
The Fountain at the Four Seasons is closed until January 17th. According to the PR person we spoke to at the Four Seasons, the four-bell restaurant is closed for routine maintenance that will only affect the kitchen, there won’t be any guest-facing changes. In the meantime the Swann Lounge is open for business. So it seems this construction will not address any of the issues raised by Victor Fiorillo in this Philly Post article.
In other Four Seasons news, Dock Street Brewing is brewing a series of collaborative beers to be offered exclusively at the Swann Lounge.
The first beer in the series will be available by the end of the month. Truffled Old Ale was brewed at Dock Street’s brewery and then transported to the Four Seasons Hotel where it was cellared in Chardonnay barrels. Then it was hand bottled and is spending an additional four weeks conditioning. During this time winter truffles selected by the chefs from the Four Seasons were added to beer. The beer should be a well rounded, predominantly malty brew with just enough bitterness to balance.
Sounds like a must try for any beer geek.
Four Seasons Philadelphia [Official Site]
One Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA
- Final Four Seasons, Dock Street Collaboration Debuts Tonight
- Four Seasons, Dock Street Collaboration Is Hot
- Dock Street Brews Summer Collaboration, Crackle and Squeeze
- Google Doodle Inspires Cocktail at the Four Seasons
- Dock Street Set To Open Monday
- 2013 Promises Two Beer Blasts from the Past
- Special Flemish Sour at Dock Street Today
- Brewing Equipment Arrives At Dock Street
- Prickly Pears Beer Debuts Today at Dock Street