Posted by Foobooz on January 31st, 2012
Trey Popp’s second review in this months Philadelphia magazine has praise for Chris Painter, who lays it on the line at Il Pittore.
Painter’s slow-cooked meats are all the silkiness you need. There are veal cheeks here with buttered beef marrow, blood-orange marmalade melting into them in a dance of citric tang and sweetness—the best I’ve ever had. So, too, the four-day suckling pig: cured, basted, boned, pressed flat under weights, and finally coaxed to a crisp-skinned perfection. No two ways about it: The guy has a way with baby mammals.
Three Stars – Excellent
2025 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA
- Three Bells for Il Pittore
- Food Struggles to Justify the Tally at Il Pittore
- Tasting Menu Launches at Il Pittore
- Painter and Serpico, Together for One Night at Il Pittore
- La Spinetta Wine Dinner at Il Pittore
- Noble Closes, Replaced By Starr’s Il Pittore
- Tale of the Tape: Il Pittore
- The New Le Bec Fin Reviewed
- Le Bec Fin is Back from the Edge