Whether You Call Them Crawfish, Crawdads, or Mudbugs, Chris’ Jazz Cafe Has Figured Out Every Way Possible To Eat Them
Posted by Victor Fiorillo on February 13th, 2012
Last year, Chris’ Jazz Cafe debuted the world’s first-ever crawfish cheesesteak, and it was pretty dang good, as Councilman Bill Green can attest. And so the other day, when I heard that the first of the live crawfish had arrived at Chris’ from Louisiana, I wondered what strange concepts might be on the horizon.
Well, in addition to a new four-course crawfish tasting menu–which may include items like crawfish dauphinoise or ravioli and a Franklin Fountain-made mayhaw berry ice cream (mayhaw berries being indigenous to Louisiana), there’s also a “crawzone” (yes, a crawfish calzone) as well as the Mudbug Mary: A Cajun twist on the Bloody. Of course, if you just want to kick back and suck some heads, boiled crawfish are $10 per bucket.
Chris’ Jazz Cafe [official website]
Chris' Jazz Cafe
1421 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA
- UPDATED: Non-Traditional Cheesesteaks In Philly
- The Great Philadelphia Crawfish Shortage of 2011
- Mardi Gras Fun All Around
- $6 Lunch Specials at Chris’ Jazz Cafe
- Sidecar Is Opening Early Today for the Phillies Game and Offering Dollar Dogs
- Happy Hour at Chris’ Jazz Cafe
- Tonight, Live Crawdads & Live Music
- Tonight: Crawfish
- Six Pack: Steaks Without the Steakhouse Price