Posted by Foobooz on February 16th, 2012
Chris and Heather Fetfatzes of Hawthornes have officially sealed the deal with Tritone owner Dave Rogers. The couple will begin construction on March 1st (last night of the Tritone will be February 28th) and are aiming for a Spring opening.
The bar aims to be a comfortable neighborhood spot with food from Hawthornes chef Matthew Plank and a draft list that will focus on American and Foreign craft beers. Wine will also be important with an emphasis on small batch wineries.
The building which predates the Civil War was originally a butchery. The facade will be completely redone and a backyard will be turned into a quiet respite from South Street.
As for why Cambridge, Chris Fetfatzes says they simply liked the name.
1508 South Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Tritone Officially Becomes The Cambridge On South Street Tonight
- South Street Music Venue Tritone To Close
- Quick Bites: Tritone to Become The Cambridge
- Get a Sneak Peek at The Cambridge
- The Cambridge Is Almost There
- Twelve Beers of Christmas at The Cambridge
- Tonight’s Oyster Special at The Cambridge
- One Bell Review for The Cambridge
- Pig Roast at The Cambridge