Posted by Foobooz on February 23rd, 2012
David Snyder steps in to review Passyunk Avenue’s Stateside, a New American whiskey-and-small-plates bar that is getting chef George Sabatino’s name out there.
The crispy maple-glazed pork belly, my favorite, is one of the best breakfast dishes you’ll eat for dinner. Bellies from Green Meadow Farm are cured and braised with apple cider and chicken stock before being pressed, deep-fried and finished with ?maple glaze. Aged Vermont cheddar adds tang to the wonderful texture of Nora Mills grit cake, with Pink Lady apple rounds tossing in a tart pop.
1536 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Eat This Now: Stateside’s Bacon Dougnut
- Stateside Adds Lunch
- Stateside Receives Enthusiastic Two Bell Review
- Stateside’s George Sabatino Heading Out on His Own
- Cooking from the Heart at Stateside
- George Sabatino Reveals Stateside’s New Menu
- Eat, Drink and Enjoy Stateside
- Menu Notes from Stateside
- Collaborative Dinner at Stateside