Posted by Foobooz on March 7th, 2012
We’ve mentioned before that we just love empanadas. So anytime we hear that a new spot is offering our favorite savory turnover, we celebrate. Fishtown’s Sketch Burger is now offering homemade empanadas, with a variety of fillings. Chef/owner Phyllis Farquhar is making crispy, crunchy empanadas with fillings of everything from chipotle chicken to jerked seitan. The empanadas are only $3.50 a piece and come with sauces like mango chutney, Harissa aioli, and vegan Caribbean green sauce.
- Chipotle chicken
- Chorizo, hominy, beans and cheese
- Jerked Seitan
- Mac & Cheese
- Guava paste, Pepper Jack and onion
- Jamaican jerked chicken
- Argentinean beef piccadillo, made with beef, olives, capers and raisins
Philadelphia magazine’s Trey Popp recently visited Sketch and filed this report.
Sketch Burger [Official Site]
- Sketch’s Lunch Box Special
- Empanada Palooza
- Sketch Collaborating with St. Benjamin Brewing Tonight
- Tonight: How About a Tandoori Chicken Burger
- Truck Stop Brunch at Interstate Drafthouse
- Cuba Libre To Begin Selling Empanadas Out the Back Door
- Empanada Fest Today at Gavin’s Cafe
- Vegans and Meat Eaters Living Together!
- Girard Avenue Openings