Posted by Foobooz on March 9th, 2012
Xchange was to replace the short-lived Center City Grille, which replaced several other short-lived concepts at 20th and Ludlow. The bar was open sporadically last summer (mainly on Wednesdays for Center City Sips) but has sat dormant through the fall and winter. When we walked by this morning we noticed new lights in front and a shiny new Xchange sign.
The orignal concept for the bar was to offer variable pricing, like a stock market for beer. We never understood how that idea would fly with the PLCB but it would at least be novel. We wonder though if anyone can make this location work.
20 S 20th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Quick Bites: Fathom Opening, Food Truck Rolling, Bar Shrinking
- Giant Glass Box to Become Cheesecake Factory
- Wednesday Night Happy Hours Return
- Could Duke’s Surf Bar Answer Our Tiki Dreams
- The Real Deals of Center City Sips
- Wawa At 17th & Arch Reopens
- Your Guide to Restaurant Week
- Center City Sips Is Back
- Is Center City Over?