Posted by Foobooz on March 14th, 2012
Brian Freedman hangs out wit the cool kids at Fishtown’s Loco Pez, where he finds “a bar with a sense of inclusion, humor … and damn good tacos and drinks.” He also finds a star in the Loco Pez street dog.
And the last thing you should do is pass on the street dog, a bacon-wrapped beauty smothered with refried beans, mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickled jalapeños, an avalanche of shredded cheese, and begging for any or all of the house-made sauces that greet you at each table (tomatillo, tomato, or dark smoky chili, all excellent). As far as drunk food goes, this is a star in the city right now.
- Food Impresses at Loco Pez
- Craig LaBan Sings the Praises of Loco Pez
- Tonight: Dollar Tacos at Loco Pez
- A Full Plate Moves to Fishtown
- Innovative Menu at Doma
- Smoked Meats & TastyKake Krimpetbread Pudding at Bubba’s Texas BBQ
- Stellar Noodles at Yummy Lan Zhou
- El Ranchito Reviewed By Foodaphilia
- Exploring the Depths at Fathom