Posted by Foobooz on March 16th, 2012
On Monday, March 19th at 3 p.m. the Bottle Shop at Local 44 will open. The bottle shop will stock nearly 500 beers, almost 498 more bottles than Local 44 offers (the next door bar only stocks Orval and a gluten free beer by the bottle).
To celebrate the grand opening of the Bottle Shop, owners Brendan Hartranft and Leigh Maida have a hat trick of specials planned. At Local 44, it will be a special day of Russian River; Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger, Supplication and Consecration on draft. That all kicks off at 11:30 a.m.
Then when the doors to the Bottle Shop at Local 44 open at 3 p.m. there will be a complimentary cask of Yards ESA pouring.
Also at 3 p.m., just when all that Russian River beer should be kicking, Victory Brewing will be bringing in an impressive selection of their beers.
Victory Brewing Tap Takeover
- Smokin’ Oats Porter
- Storm King Stout
- Braumeister Pils
- Ranch R IPA
- Uncle Teddy’s Bitter (on cask)
- Head Waters Pale Ale (on cask)
- and more …
Hours for Bottle Shop at Local 44
Monday to Thursday, Noon-10pm
Friday and Saturday, Noon-Midnight
Bottle Shop at Local 44 [Official Site]
Bottle Shop at Local 44
44th and Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
- Pliny The Elder and Much More on Tap Today
- Victory for all Ages
- The 2013 Pliny the Younger Calendar for Philadelphia
- Pliny the Younger in Town, Bunch of Confirmed Tappings
- Monk’s Mad Mondays: Russian River Style
- Pliny the Younger at Monk’s Will Raise Cash for Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- The Pliny Calendar
- Need a Gluten Free Beer with Your Turkey?
- Local 44 Gets Bottle Shop Approval