Posted by Foobooz on March 19th, 2012
HughE Dillon reports that 12th Street’s Blue Bear Tavern is out of commission again. The bar which replaced the legendary and sometimes notorious Doc Watson’s seemed to struggle from the beginning and was closed for part of February before having a “grand reopening.” Eater is rumor-mongering that the team behind Farmers’ Cabinet is scoping the place out. Us, we hear a shamrocked conglomerate is looking at the space.
Closed Eateries [Philly Chit Chat]
Rumor Mongering: Farmer’s Cabinet Crew Taking Over Blue Bear Tavern; Tiki Bar Deal Dead [Eater]
216 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Little Birdy Spots “Good Beer” Delivery to Former Blue Bear Tavern
- The Boilermaker Sneaks In To Replace Blue Bear Tavern
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- Good Cop, Bad Cop at Farmers’ Cabinet
- Shakespeare With Your Cocktails
- Tiki and Beer Coming to 6th and Spring Garden
- The Text That Came In The Night: The End Of Fork & Barrel?
- Pep Rally for Session Beers at Farmers’ Cabinet
- Blue Bear Tavern Finally Opens