Posted by Foobooz on March 19th, 2012
George Sabatino and Stateside on East Passyunk get a praise-filled two bell review from Craig LaBan.
Whether Sabatino can more than double his kitchen’s already labor-intensive output remains to be seen. But he’d better start stuffing more of those homemade sausages right now – because I loved the duck link seasoned with sage and cinnamon. And I was especially taken by the truffled sausage with molten rich marrow, set over vibrant green Brussels-sprout puree with pickled sunchokes, which more than any of the other celebrated ingredients was the dish’s brilliant spark.
Two Bells – Very Good
1536 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Eat, Drink and Enjoy Stateside
- Stateside Adds Lunch
- Two Bell Review for Matt Zagorski and Hickory Lane
- Playful Ideas Succeed at Stateside
- Stateside’s George Sabatino Heading Out on His Own
- Cooking from the Heart at Stateside
- Collaborative Dinner at Stateside
- Eat This Now: Stateside’s Bacon Dougnut
- George Sabatino Reveals Stateside’s New Menu