Posted by Jason Sheehan on March 26th, 2012
Oh, and while we’re on the topic of late-night hours, places to get hot dogs and stuff that happened over the weekend, Meal Ticket got word on Friday that Underdogs–the gourmet subterranean tubesteak joint was going to start serving ’til 4am on the weekends–which means one more place to score a decent feed after last call in this town.
I got owner Robert Amar on the phone this afternoon and he told me that the first weekend went really well–even if most of the crowd that rolled in late were servers, bartenders, bouncers, cooks, valet guys. “Industry guys,” according to Amar, who was plenty happy to see them and hopes that the civilians will soon follow in their footsteps.
Not only that, but for any of you who out there who thought that paying $7 for a gourmet dog, a side of fries and a soda was just too damn expensive, I think the addition of “$7 for a gourmet dog, a side of fries and a soda at three in the morning” might make the math seem a whole lot nicer.
For now, the longer hours are only on Fridays and Saturdays and, as yet, there are no deals or specials on the board for those who wander in closer to dawn than dusk.
Underdogs Starts Late-Night Hours [Meal Ticket]
First Bite: Underdogs [Foobooz]
132 S 17th St, Philadelphia, PA
- First Bite: Underdogs, the New Hot Dog Spot on 17th Street
- Underdogs Coming to 17th Street
- Tommy Amorim, We Salute You
- Underdogs Is Now Open on 9th Street
- Philly is the Late-Night Capital of the US
- Hot Dog Shops Go Head to Head in Philadelphia Weekly
- Underdogs Headed For South Philly
- Foobooz Hot Dog Day, Part 2: This Might Just Be The Best Idea Ever
- Late Night Dogs Come to Philadelphia