Posted by Arthur Etchells on March 29th, 2012
My bad karma empanada curse continues. Today, comes word that Cuba Libre’s late-night empanada bodega, Empanada Alley will not open next Friday. Turns out neighbors are concerned that the after hours empanada stand would bring too much noise to Strawberry Street between Second and Third Streets in Old City.
Alma Cuba owner Barry Gutin says “We recently learned there are a few families living in the buildings surrounding our back door, including one with a set of 10-month-old twins, whose sleep we do not wish to disturb.” Gutin will feature the concept as a mobile stand going forward. Follow @EmpAlley for details.
Empanada Alley [Twitter]
10 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA
- Cuba Libre To Begin Selling Empanadas Out the Back Door
- Cuba Libre Offering 52¢ Empanadas Today for Happy Hour
- Real Cuban Chef Coming to Cuba Libre
- Tasting Cuba At Cuba Libre
- Lunch Special Next Week At Cuba Libre
- Philly Food Blog Round Up
- Â¡PasiÃ³n! Chef Looks To Get To Next Level
- Cuba Libre’s “Preview Days” Equals Cheap Fish For Cheapskates
- Half-Off New Menu at Cuba Libre