Posted by Foobooz on April 4th, 2012
BlueCat, which we first told you about in December has opened at 1921 Fairmount Avenue. The airy Latin BYOB is by the husband and wife team of Guy Shapiro and his wife Luli Canuso. Shapiro has worked for the Toscana Restaurant Group and with Wildflower in New Jersey. Canuso was a pastry chef at Le Bec-Fin.
Michael Klein tells us that the restaurant name and wall-sized mural pictured above are inspired by the couple’s pet Russian blue cat.
BlueCat will be joined later this year by Mugshots, which is moving to the new mixed-use building from its location at 21st and Fairmount.
1921 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- One More For Fairmount: BlueCat Coming Soon(ish)
- Blue Cat Provides More Latin Flare for Fairmount
- Six Pack: Fish Tacos in Philadelphia
- Cafe Chismosa Coming to Northern Liberties
- Fairmount Celebrates Barnes Foundation Opening With Restaurant Week
- More Details on Fairmount’s Night Market
- La Calaca Feliz Takes Over Illuminaire Space in Fairmount
- Tonight Celebrate Bastille Day
- Tequila Has Joined Forces With Carrot Juice In Fairmount, But You’ll Have To Wait Until August For Bloody Marys