Posted by Foobooz on April 5th, 2012
New Belgium has been looking for the location for a second brewery for the past several months. Word leaked that the two finalists were Asheville, North Carolina and Philadelphia. Today the Colorado based brewery announced that the new brewery would be in Asheville.
In Don Russell’s (aka Joe Sixpack) newsletter today Russell interviewed Alan Greenberger, deputy mayor for economic development and the city’s commerce director. Greenberger told Russell that “New Belgium may feel that the town of Asheville reflects their corporate culture” better than Philadelphia. The Philadelphia location toured by New Belgium folk was a 30-acre site at the Navy Yard.
Guess we better start courting Russian River.
Really Big News!!! Asheville we’re coming for you! [New Belgium]
- New Belgium Coming to Brussels on the Schuylkill?
- Lunch Truck Lineup at the Navy Yard
- Marc Vetri Is Opening a Restaurant at the Navy Yard
- Food Trucks Line Up at the Navy Yard Every Thursday
- Monk’s Cafe Brewery Dinner
- Yards Brews a Lager
- Monk’s Mad Monday Lineup
- Iron Hill Brewing’s Tenth Location Will Be In Voorhees
- Yeah Beer!