Posted by Foobooz on April 5th, 2012
Adam Erace reviews Fairmount Avenue’s La Calaca Feliz, the Mexican bar from Cantina Feliz/Distrito vets, Tim Spinner and Brian Sirhal. What Erace finds is a spot perfect for the Fairmount neighborhood and carnitas tacos worth devouring.
Panes of crunchy skin and pockets of unctuous fat lurked in each bite of slow-cooked, pan-crisped pork, so primal and satisfying I was stoked to see it again, mingling with chorizo, short rib, ancho-spiced tomato sauce and a bubbling blend of cheeses atop the tlayuda campechano, Mexico’s version of a meat lover’s pizza on house-made corn tortillas.
La Calaca Feliz
2321 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- Tasting Menus at Cantina & La Calaca Feliz
- La Calaca Feliz Lands Three Bells
- Watermelon Gazpacho at La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz
- Get Happy Manayunk, Taqueria Feliz Is Coming
- La Calaca Feliz Gets an Opening Date
- Ilegal Mezcal Tasting Menu Now Available at La Calaca Feliz
- La Calaca Feliz Takes Over Illuminaire Space in Fairmount
- Fairmount Celebrates Barnes Foundation Opening With Restaurant Week
- La Calaca Feliz Sues Ambler’s Taco Feliz for Trademark Infringement