Posted by Foobooz on April 6th, 2012
Cochon chef-owner Gene Giuffi is opening Blue Belly BBQ at 600 Catharine Street in the original location of Little Fish. The casual lunch and dinner spot will specialize in barbecue but will not be locked into a specific style. Blue Belly will feature:
- Pulled Pork, Piedmont Style
- St.Louis Ribs
- “World BBQ” and “Street Food”
- Jerk Chicken Wings
- Bacon Onion Arepas
- Lamb Neck Barbacoa
- Blue Belly will also offer a variety of traditional as well as ethnic dipping sauces, craft sodas, and casual desserts.
Giuffi says “with Blue Belly, I’ll continue to focus on meat, but in a more casual way, with no rules or limits. Basically the kind of food I love to eat on my days off.”
The small corner space will feature counter service, stools and picnic tables. The name “Blue Belly” comes from a Civil War nickname given by Confederate soldiers to Yankee soldiers.
Giuffi is aiming to get Blue Belly open this June.
Blue Belly BBQ
600 Catharine Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Erace Reviews Blue Belly BBQ
- Sandwiches Hit the Mark at Blue Belly BBQ
- Blue Belly BBQ Opens
- Bella Vista’s Blue Belly BBQ Impresses
- Smoked Belly Sandwich at Blue Belly BBQ
- Preview Blue Belly BBQ at Southwark
- Percy Street Lets Erin O’Shea Loose
- More Details on Mike Santoro’s The Mildred
- Something New on the Horizons