Posted by Foobooz on April 13th, 2012
The second collaborative beer between Dock Street Brewing Co. and the Four Seasons Hotel is set for release on Monday, April 16th. Caliente Golden Ale, a beer brewed with chiles will be officially unveiled at 6 p.m. at the Swann Lounge.
Executive Chef Rafael Gonzalez will be pairing the beer with charred shrimp ceviche with roasted pineapple, citrus and plantain chips as well as adobo marinated chicken tacos with Jicama-Serrano salad and avocado as selected food pairings.
Caliente Golden Ale was brewed with 100% blue agave nectar. After the beer fully fermented, it made way to the bright tanks where it rested for a few weeks on Guajillo and Ancho chiles. The chiles were sourced and selected by Four Seasons chefs. At its core, Caliente Golden is a traditional Belgian Strong Ale. The beer is described as having a “subtle toasty malt profile which quickly moves into notes of tropical fruits and spices and finishes with a mild residual heat and tanginess from the chiles.”
this is the second in the “A Beer Four All Seasons” series. The first was Truffled Old Ale, brewed with black truffles.
Look for the next beer in time for Beer Week. All we know about that one so far is that it will utilize herbs and fruits from the rooftop garden at the hotel.
- Final Four Seasons, Dock Street Collaboration Debuts Tonight
- Fountain at the Four Seasons Closed for Maintenance, Swann Getting Truffled Beer
- Dock Street Brews Summer Collaboration, Crackle and Squeeze
- Dock Street Set To Open Monday
- Brewing Equipment Arrives At Dock Street
- 2013 Promises Two Beer Blasts from the Past
- Prickly Pears Beer Debuts Today at Dock Street
- For The Beer Nerds: First Ever US-French Collaboration Beer at Dock Street
- Dock Street Opens