Posted by Arthur Etchells on April 16th, 2012
HipCityVeg opened today on 18th Street and the curious lined out the door onto the sidewalk to check out the Vegan quick serve spot from Nicole Marquis. A co-worker and I were there as the vegan, vegetarian, health conscious and just those trying to undue the excess of their weekend waited for fajita wraps, udon noodles, Ziggy burgers and groothies.
I tried an arugula taco salad with black beans, grilled corn, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, avocado, topped with cilantro dressing. It was a satisfying lunch with enough flavors and textures that it will certainly make itself a member of my lunch-time rotation. And yeah, I just licked the last of the dressing from the side of the bowl.
Photo by Mike Smith
127 S 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA
- HipCityVeg Offers Some Warming Dishes for Winter
- All Roads Lead from Horizons
- Six Pack: Veggie Burgers in Philadelphia
- HipCityVeg’s Nicole Marquis’ Name Appears on 13th Street Liquor License
- Opening Date For HipCityVeg
- Is HipCityVeg Coming to Midtown Village?
- First Bite: Bibimbop at Rice & Mix
- Vedge Bridges Gap Between Omnivores and Vegans
- Fresher Salads at Morris’