Posted by Foobooz on May 3rd, 2012
Many erroneously believe Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day. It isn’t, that’s September 16th. Cinco de Mayo on the other hand commemorates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. In the United States it has become synonymous with excessive drinking, margaritas and Corona deals.
Check out our guide to the best Cinco de Mayo specials in Philadelphia.
Cinco de Mayo Specials [f8b8z]
- Cinco de Mayo: For The Glory of General Ignacio Zaragoza
- Cinco de Mayo at El Vez
- Vietnames Le Viet Celebrates Cinco de Mayo with Vietnamese Tacos
- Celebrate Mexican Independence
- Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo
- Celebrate Mexican Independence at Johnny Brenda’s
- It’s National Margarita Day and Prices Range from Free to $50
- For The Glory of General Ignacio Zaragoza
- Tacodelphia Launches