Posted by Foobooz on May 7th, 2012
Brodo has opened on the now booming lunchtime strip of 18th Street (HipCityVedge, Crisp, Nom Nom Ramen). Brodo offers soups, salads and sandwiches and we were there for a soup and salad combination this afternoon.
We had the Harvest salad with romaine, diced chicken, crumbled blue cheese, glazed walnuts, craisins, red and green apple and a honey Dijon mustard dressing. The salad had excellent balance with plenty of each ingredient to last right to the last bite. We’re already plotting what else to try this week. We tested out the chicken noodle soup as well, finding it several notches above your normal lunchtime soup, it was truly a broth and not just hot water with some seasoning.
Brodo offers a rotating selection of ten soups daily plus twelve sandwiches and nine salads. Combine a cup of soup, half-salad or half sandwich for $7.09 to $10.49. The salads all come with a specific dressing designed for that salad and are served with a piece of fresh naan.
31 S 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Soup for You at Brodo
- New Cold Soups at Brodo
- 18th Street Gets Another Lunch Option with Devon & Blakely
- Fresher Salads at Morris’
- Rotisseur Adds Lunch
- First Bite: Underdogs, the New Hot Dog Spot on 17th Street
- Plenty Opening This May on Spruce Street
- Rotisseur Has a New Chef and Mighty Fine Chicken Noodle Soup
- Check Out the Menu at Eat-A-Pita