Posted by Tara Nurin on May 10th, 2012
There’s a new beachfront restaurant and bar coming to sleepy Avalon this summer. To celebrate its 45th anniversary, Windrift Resort Hotel is opening Level 2, a multi-purpose dining room and music venue. Press materials describe the indoor/outdoor design as “west coast meets east coast contemporary” and promise upscale American cuisine overseen by exec chef James Kurtz (ex of Duffy’s on the Lake in Wildwood Crest).
Serving three meals a day, the menu ranges from pancakes and traditional hotel breakfast staples to grilled sandwiches at lunch, fresh clams for happy hour, and oysters, sushi and brick-oven pizza at dinnertime. Not only that, but starting June 18, happy hour brings discounted cocktails and apps, and beginning May 26, nightfall means live bands seven nights a week.
So, should you find yourself in Avalon looking for omelets, sushi, pizza and a Jimmy Buffett cover band, now you know where to go.
Windrift Hotel [Official website]
- New Menu and Outdoor Dining at Avalon
- Avalon’s Fall Menu Warms
- Prepare to Dive
- Diving Horse’s Opening Menu for 2013
- Diving Horse in Avalon Adds Chef’s Table
- Opening Menu for Diving Horse
- Photo of the Avalon, NJ Wawa
- Diving Horse Is Set to Make Its Splashy Debut On Tuesday, May 21st
- Around The Web: Secret Suppers